Sunday, 10 May 2009

First Official Mothers Day

Today was my first official mothers day!  I LOVED it!  There was nothing extraordinary done but I could tell Ryan was really making an effort to take control over the things that needed doing, it really was the perfect day :)

I awoke to some gifts, a book light (I'm a HUGE reader and so this gift is fantastic!  It also means I don't have to feel bad about keeping Ryan awake), some vintage pop coasters which are really really cool and a mum and baby magazine which Ryan said he chose because he saw it had an article about introducing baby #2 into the family which is something that is on my mind ALOT.  I tease Ryan though because I haven't gotten to that article yet that it's not even there but Ryan chose that magazine because one of the cover stories is 'things you can learn from dad'! hehe.  There were no meetings before church so we were able to take our time getting ready and Ryan made chocolate chip pancakes which were delicious and perfectly done.  Just between us, Ryan makes better pancakes than me and I thought I was pretty good!  It was just a wonderful simple special morning, I really really enjoyed it!  I am extremely lucky to have the family I have and to be able to call myself part of the group called 'mothers'.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a great mother's day!! And love how book crazy you are, reminds me of Tucson and how you and Ryan would go through books like nothing. Maybe one day for me..lol

KYLE FAMILY said...

so cute!! Happy First Mother's Day! A really cute post!!

SAH in Suburbia said...

Yeah Ryan!

Hope you had a lovely Mother's Day Katie. We had no meetings here either which was so great! I got a full 20 minutes in the bathroom without any interruptions! Can't beat that! :-)

When are you due?